- Fringe World Perth, JAN 31 – FEB 3, 2018 @ 7pm BOOK NOW
- Adelaide Fringe, MAR 17-18, 2018 @ 4:45pm BOOK NOW
- New Zealand, FEB 8-9, 2018 @ 8:30pm BOOK NOW
- 2016 Helpmann Award nomination for Best Cabaret Performer
- winner Best Cabaret Adelaide Fringe 2016
- Supported by Arts Council South Australia and Government of South Australia to get to Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2016 #MadeInAdelaide
Exposing Edith is a multi award winning cabaret tale of the legendary French singer Piaf, created and performed by Michaela Burger and Greg Wain.
Winners of Best Cabaret for the 2016 Adelaide Fringe Festival, this breathtaking show features classics such La Vie en Rose, Padam and Non, Je ne regrette rien alongside lesser-known gems, all uniquely reworked using acoustic guitar with loop, delay and effect pedals to create an exquisite mix of authentic, vintage French pop and contemporary sounds.
The songs are punctuated with a collection of extraordinary stories of Piaf’s life. Burger tells them as a raconteur whilst also embodying a multitude of the key characters too - Louis Leplee, the owner of Cabaret Gurney, several of Edith’s lovers, her half-sister “Momone” and of course Edith Piaf herself.
Burger has been dubbed Australia’s very own ‘little sparrow’! With a voice of ‘uncanny beauty’, she sings many of the songs in French and, being only 2cm taller than Piaf and dressed in her trademark black, she bears an uncanny resemblance to the legendary French star.
Celebrating 100 years since Piaf’s birth, this is an unforgettable show, not to be missed!
"Michaela Burger is a
blazing life force in her
evocation of Edith Piaf."
- The Age
created and performed by Michaela Burger and Greg Wain
graphic & web design by Nicholas Ely